"Indigenous Communities: Voices towards Sustainability"
||13 March, 2006
||Institute for Environment and Development (LESTARI), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
||Institute for Environment and Development (LESTARI), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and 21st Century COE Program: "Aiming for COE of Integrated Area Studies", ASAFAS and CSEAS, Kyoto University, Japan
- To bring together representatives from indigenous communities
of the Southeast Asia to relate their perceptions and visions
towards sustainable development
- Collaboration in organizing symposiums and workshops across
cultures within national economies.
- To promote discussion on sustainable development for communities
on the periphery of developed areas within certain regions.
- To provide a forum aimed at broader discussion of issues related to
development of indigenous communities.
- To discuss general strategies towards greater social participation in